Monday, February 14, 2011

My "eyes", not to be confused with my "I's!

Fellow bloggers and classmates,

I am sitting here at my laptop as I am at CVS awaiting a prescription for eye drops. I am not in class because I have pink eye. Yes, a 32 year old woman with pink eye. Perhaps this was my body's way of getting into the "spirit" of Valentine's Day depsite my desire to ignore the festivities of the day! UGH! I need to add another I to my post below and that is the spread way too thin, wondering will I ever get ahead I?
You see, I was so looking forward to tonight's class. I had my research questions ready to share with my peers and was psyched because I knew there would be an excellent dialogue for me. I also started working on my IRB. I felt pumped and invigorated, ahead of the game actually after last weeks class. And then, true to form, proverbial HELL breaks loose. My house, which I have been trying to sell last week had a flood. I came home on Friday to a bulging ceiling in my basement. Two weeks ago, a tree fell on the inground pool and tore the liner---causing ALL of the water to drain from the pool. It just seems like it is always something. And then I realized, that it is always something. There will always be something.And maybe part of learning is understanding that.

Why am I telling all of you all of this? Because you are my peers, because I value your insight, and mostly because I thought you all, more than everyone else,could probably relate!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, what a week! I hope you have cleared the pink eye by now. How about sharing those research questions on the blog?

    ReplyDelete